Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bad days and religious conversion.

Hello blogverse.

I had a bad day today. In fact, I've been having bad days all week. I don't mean to complain, but I've definitely been off my game.
It all started when I finished blocking Hey, Teach and started attaching the first sleeve. That's when I discovered that I can't sew, that I'm not merely 'a little bad at finishing' but am actually at a disaster level of incompetence, and that no amount of video tutorials or desperate cries for help on the Ravelry forums is going to save me.I am going to have to find a real live breathing person to help me figure this out, which means I will probably have to drag myself to an actual yarn store, which I am loath to do. (I'm kind of a hermit, it's just my nature. )
The Hey, Teach fiasco was just the start of my downward spiral though, I went off my gluten free diet with all the subtly of a starving person and made myself sick within 3 days, my classes are boring, and I don't have enough (stimulating) homework. The fact that I have just written that last sentence in all seriousness is a little scary, don't you think?

But it hasn't been all doom and gloom. I've got some DK weight yarn and a faire isle hat pattern all picked out, all I need is the right needles and I'll be good to go. I started knitting a completely different hat to keep myself happy, and I knit it entirely in the continental style. I think I'm hooked ^__^ I'll be totally prepared to do two-fisted color work when the time comes. The hat in question is the Brainmonster hat, knit in some leftover Vanna's choice, and a few other scraps here and there. My room-mates all think it's awesome, and I have to agree with them.

pardon the horrible bathroom photo 0.o my camera is officially dead, and I am now using my trusty laptop's webcam for picture-taking.....

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blocking today

Hey, Teach is officially blocking. There are no words for how excited that makes me feel ^__^
I'm knitting the XS size, (my bust is like a 33) but when I went to block this I found that all of my pieces were bigger than shown in the schematic (and BTW, what a fun word. Schematic. Yumm. ) Anyways, so I've blocked all of my pieces to the S size measurements. I think it'll work out since I was actually noticing that it might be a bit *too* snug so hopefully it'll all work out.

more soon!