Sunday, April 10, 2011

Onerva

One of the lace patterns that have been in my queue for a long time is the onerva shawl. It's so simple and elegant, and I knew the moment I saw it that I wanted to knit it in a soft gray color. Recently visited my new LYS and picked up some Malabrigo laceweight. Oh, my, is it soft. Compared to Knitpicks pallette, and knitpicks gloss lace, which I knit my previous shawls with, this yarn is like butter, or bunny fur, or clouds. It's sooo nice. Mmmm. I'm in love with it. It's hard for me to make progress on my shawl because I keep petting it rather than knitting.





I am finding this pattern to be unreasonably difficult to knit, however. It is not written in english, but since the majority of it is just a lace chart, I figured that wouldn't really be an issue. But for some reason this chart has confused the ever living daylights out of me. With a lot of help from the notes of other wonderful knitters, I feel that I've sort of kind of got the hang of it now, but for the first 40 or so rows I was totally knitting blind.



Now that I've got a hang of the pattern I feel that I should be able to finish it pretty quickly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment