Sunday, June 7, 2009

Maryland Sheep and Wool

Hello blogverse, and wow!  I've been extremely silent lately haven't I? Over the next week or so I'll try to update you on what's on the needles, today is the much belated Maryland sheep and wool post. 

So, Maryland Sheep and wool was way back in the first weekend of may. I went on sunday with my room-mate, and if you remember, it was cold and rainy that day. It was the most miserable weather, cold, wet, and MUDDY. Despite this we managed to have loads of fun looking at the sheep and all of the gorgeous stuff for sale.  Although, being an unemployed student did make the trip a little depressing. So much stuff that was just totally out of reach for me. For instance, the spinning wheels. Wow are they pretty! 

Anyways. I wont bore you with much else. Watched the shawl auction which was pretty cool, and BTW the kettle corn there was TO DIE FOR.  This is what I bought :


IMG_2839




The candy wrapper came with the yarn. Since the yarn dyer is from Idaho she included the candy with the purchase! I thought that was a very sweet touch ^__^
The candy was.... marshmallowy dipped in chocolate. Not really my cup of tea, but not half bad either!
I love the colors in the yarn and cant wait to knit it!

No comments:

Post a Comment