Saturday, June 19, 2010

Summer reading & some lace

Hello blog, how are you?

Allow me to indulge in a few short off-topic musings. I really love summer. I love the warm air, I love the bright sunshine, I love complaining about air-conditioning (it's too cold), and I love summer reading. I haven't been doing much 'pleasure' reading lately because college kind of sucks all the fun out of books for me, but I do love reading non-sense and children's books during summer. Dropped by the library yesterday and picked up a stack.



My method for picking these books was meticulous. I typed up a list of books that I wanted to read, then I printed it and took it to the library where I quickly found out that none of them were available. Not daunted, I spent 20-30 minutes in my favorite sections picking out books with interesting-looking covers and reading the flaps. When I'd got as many books as I could carry, I checked out. Impressed? I thought so. This method is so perfect for finding good books in libraries, that I even managed to check out a book that I've already read before : When you catch an adjective, kill it. by Ben Yagoda. I can't wait to re-read it!

Anyway. Back to knitting.



You might remember that I cast on for the popular swallowtail shawl awhile back, in January '09, but quickly dropped it for other projects. Not because I didn't like swallowtail, but for various reasons, the other projects seemed more urgent or appealing at the time. Since my knitting style has changed so drastically in the past year - learning to do YO's correctly and switching from english to continental style knitting - I decided to frog the progress I'd already made, and start over from scratch. Same yarn, same needles. Anyway, I did this on the 15th and have already caught up to and surpassed where I was before ^^;; I'm enjoying this so much that I've barely even thought about casting on for my magic 3rd project, although I've decided what it's going to be. (koolhaas in a barely bearable green acrylic.)


I'm supposed to be doing a bit of hiking today so, I'm going to go eat & change now. lolz.

'cheers
Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment