Monday, September 10, 2012

FO : Good Day Sunshine

Dear blog,

I am pleased to be able to tell you that my Lavender shawl is now officially done.  I cast off on September 4th, and after a few days of waiting it is now patiently blocking on my sister's table.  I'm glad to be done with it. Don't get me wrong, the pattern wasn't that hard (though not my favorite), and it wouldn't have taken me so long to knit if I weren't so perpetually busy all the time.  I'm also not sure how I feel about the yarn choice. Alpaca with a twist... Not as soft as it could have been, and a little stiff. plus the slight yarn halo which I can never decide how I feel about. It was a huge 800 yard skien so I still have way more than enough to make something else with it. I doubt I even used half of the yarn.


Anyway, I've already started my next lace project (more on that later), and am looking at casting on a new pair of socks today. So stayed tuned.

Until Next
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment