Wednesday, July 3, 2013

WIP Yarn Crawl

Hello everyone,

You know what I love? I love being woken up at 5:30 in the morning, because your insurance company wants to sell you stuff, and doesn't realize you are on vacation on the opposite coast. Grr!  Oh well, since I can't get back to sleep, I guess I'll write a blog post!


as far as WIPs go, I've been knitting on the Crooked Cathedral monogamously all week. And when I say that I really do mean totally, completely, monogamously. The other three projects I brought with me have not even been unpacked from the suitcase. I'm loving everything about this pattern, and with only 10 more rows to go, I'm kinda hoping I can finish in time to wear on the 4th. (Tomorrow). Aaron had a fever all day yesterday, so I'll probably get to sit around the house and knit all day today, in the hopes that he gets better in time for the 4th. It's going to be a very big day.

Yesterday, Grandma and I did a little yarn crawl. We went to two yarn stores and I got 5 skeins of yarn ^__^

The first store was a pleasant, tiny little place that was actually a cross stitch and needle point store that has recently branched out into the knitting world. I got a skein of Malabrigo sock in the pocion colorway, and this delicious 50% silk lace weight. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, but it is pretty!


The second store was slightly bigger. They had an antique wheel on display in the window, and a little lady bug wheel on display inside. I got three skeins of this vintage yarn. (it's got acrylic in it o.0;;  ) And  I'm not sure how I feel about the purchase. I really wanted a purple fingering weight to knit a very specific project with, but neither store had any purple fingering weight that was a solid color, so I got this DK weight instead. I know  that doesn't make sense, I know I should have just waited, maybe bought the appropriate yarn on-line instead, but for some reason I was determined. I like heavier weight shawls anyway, so maybe I will go ahead and knit it this way.....or maybe not. I don't know. So torn.  Either way, I didn't bring any other needles with me, so I can't cast on anything new until I get home.


If you enjoy reading about WIPs, check out Tami's for more!


1 comment:

  1. I hate getting woken up at 5:30 too! Usually it's by my alarm though ;)

    ReplyDelete