Friday, December 14, 2012

Five Horned Sheep

Hello blog,

A few days ago I was curled up in bed reading a few pages from the Fleece and Fiber Sourcebook. (I only read a few pages at a time as a way to relax before going to sleep.)
And I got to the section about the Manx Loaghtan breed. This breed caught my eye immediately because they commonly have four horns.





Now, I don't like to think of myself as an 'ignorant city girl' I have seen loads of sheep in person, and as a knitter preparing to get into spinning and fiber prep, I've read a fair bit about sheep. I know that sheep can have horns (though I've never personally met any of that type) But never in my wildest dreams did I imagine their horns could look like these!





According to just about any source you read about the Manx breed, they can have anywhere from 0 horns, to 6 horns! On reading that I spent several hours trying to find a picture of a sheep with six horns, but the closest I got was this five-horned one.



 

Bottom line is, the Manx breed just made it to my must-spin-fiber bucket list ^_^


WIP Progress:

- Working 1st rep of chart A for Nereid glove
- FO Glow hat
- FO Monster hat

Queuing :

- Zombie Vixen mitts
- Turn a square hat (2x)

No comments:

Post a Comment