Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Homemaking & WIP


Hello Everyone,

Before I get into today's WIPs, I'd like to veer off topic for a bit. This weekend I had the opportunity to go to an introduction to sheep class - as someone who really really wants to dive right off into the fiber-addict deep end, I've been looking forward to this class for several weeks. I had it marked on my calendar, I had the map-quest instructions ready...but at the last minute I chickened out. I didn't go.
Its rare for other things to override my fiber hobby, but the other notable thing that happened this past week is that I bought a house, and suddenly I found myself waiting for furniture to be delivered, taking all the plastic and Styrofoam out of the appliances, and running around the house taking all of the choking hazard tags off of the blinds. This combined with my innate fear of driving anywhere by myself, and my inability to convince Aaron to come with me to look at sheep..... Sigh. I feel like a bit of a failure, from a spinning/knitting perspective.

Anyway, It feels good to get that off my chest. I'm a little disappointed in how easy it is for me to be derailed from my goals... (although arguably I had a pretty good reason!)

To that end, I've started one new project this week, and plunged into the depths of my craft stash to pull a second project out of hibernation.

The new project is a pair of Sleekit Mitts knit with some Dream in color left over from another project. I'd take a picture, but I think I might have packed them....


The Jeweled Cowl  is a project that I was wildly excited about when I first started it, but that through no fault of it's own, got quietly pushed to the background over the Holidays.




I think it's going to be awesome when it's done, so I'm making an effort to get back into it... So many beads!

1 comment:

  1. A new house would derail even the most ardent driver of 'going out to new places' so no fail here!! Can't wait to see the jeweled cowl!

    ReplyDelete