Friday, November 22, 2013

FO Cover Song


Here is my second go at the Chelsea Market Hat.  This one was done up in US6 and US9 needles using Malabrigo RIOS. SO YUMMY.





I did run in to one tiny little problem. I was so excited to cast on that I didn't block my swatch, so when I finished the hat and it was a lovely fitting beanie, I suddenly became afraid of blocking it. What if it grew too big during blocking?

I did some time lord swatching, blocked it, seemed OK. Just to be safe, I wove some crochet thread around the brim and cinched it as tight as possible during blocking.



The hat turned out perfect! I think the crochet thread was the key to success in this project, I'm very happy with how it turned out, but I'm pretty sure the brim would have stretched too much without the reinforcement!



As always, check out Tami's for more FOs.

No comments:

Post a Comment