Thursday, January 14, 2010

FO profiler : Nine-to-Five Socks



Hello Blog. Today I bring you the first in a trio of FO's. This one has been on the needles since March of 2009, the long belated socks knit for Sixer. Here they are now, modeled on her feet:





Pattern : Nine-to-Five Socks
Yarn: Berroco Comfort Sock (1 skien)
Colorway: 1757 (red)
Needles: US1/2.25 mm
Cast On date : March '09
Finished pair :January '10

This project took a long time to knit, and had it's fair share of trials. The first sock was pretty painful, I was new to sock knitting and those tiny tiny needles were difficult to maneuver around. I also mistakenly made the sock to fit my feet and had to un-knit a good inch and a half of the foot in order to make it more sixer-friendly.
The second sock started off OK. I memorized the pattern repeat which made it go much faster initially, but then school caught up with me and I inevitably shunned the sock in favor of easier, more fulfilling knits. I did continue to inch forward on it but I secretly didn't want to knit too far because I was fearful of starting the heel and doing the gusset; My two least favorite aspects of sock knitting. (Well, you know, after the DPN thing.) Finally with Christmas break I've been able to dedicate (most) of my attention to the sock, and sharing a room with sixer for a month does wonders for the motivation. Now it's done and I've even almost come to terms with the fact that DPN's are not the sum of all evil and it wont kill me to knit whole projects on them once and awhile. So long nine-to-five, I can't say that I'll miss you, but at least we can admire eachother from a distance. Maybe we can be penpals, even.




That's all for now. More soon.
Spoiler alert: The next FO is a brainmonster hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment