Friday, May 24, 2013

FO : Bramble


Hello everyone, what a lovely morning! The sun is shining through my window, I got to sleep in for two whole hours, and I have finished my Bramble Shawl!
I knit this on US 2 size needles with Madeline Tosh Lace, in the Turquoise color way. From a purely fiber perspective, this has got to be my favorite lace-yarn so far. It's light and airy while still maintaining a feeling of substance and warmth. And soft, don't even get me started on how soft!



Let me tell you, this thing  was a trip!  I love the garter section at the beginning, but it certainly took a long time to finish. Even after I stopped working on my other projects to focus on Bramble exclusively, progress still crawled.




I'm finishing this a month late for the Gratitude KAL. But honestly, I don't know what I was thinking when I joined in. Clearly getting married half-way through was more time-consuming and distracting than I thought it would be!

Check out Tami's for more FO's, and check out my project on Ravelry for more photos ;)



10 comments:

  1. Oh it's beautiful! Congratulations on the finish. I'm not sure I'd push myself through it on my honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are actually postponing our real honey moon, because we couldn't take off work right after the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Such a pretty color. Congrats on getting married!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a ball of lace waiting in my stage. Do you suggest trying out lace knitting? Have a nice weekend. Enjoy the sun and think of me (another cold, wet maybe snowy weekend). Regula

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely! I know what you mean about weddings and KALs. I was a total fail for the latest Ravellenic Games for similar reasons. But what a wonderful way to remember and be greatful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you see why I'm such a Madelinetosh fan girl?! I have some Tosh Sock to try but their lace is also on my wishlist! Bramble looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Both pattern and yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! I love love love it! Feeling the need for more lace yarn here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shawl!!

    And amazing pics.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminado_patito/

    ReplyDelete
  10. god i love this pattern. so much. gorgeous colour, well done you!

    ReplyDelete