Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pandemonium - Crochet


Hello Everyone!  How are you today?  I'm doing good, suffering through warm-but-not-really-warm-enough-for-outdoor-pools weather right now. I even put on my swimsuit and wore it around the house for a few hours today, hoping to coax the sun to come out - alas in vain. But that's neither here nor there.
Decided to take a break from my numerous knitting WIPS in order to work on my crochet skillz. Specifically, I have been struggling with crocheting in the round and accidently either increasing or decreasing stitches, so I figured a little octopus toy like this one would be perfect for practice. It's basically a bunch of tubes sewn together. Easy Peasy!

 So far I've got the body done:




For reference, here are the resources I used to help improve my crochet in this project. Crochet in the round video.  How to tell the wrong side of crochet.  (I'm still not sure I actually have the correct side facing, but I feel my guess is more educated now. ) and Stitching pieces together. (I used a slip stitch through the back loop. ) 


This little hole is left in the back to make sewing in the legs easier, the body gets stuffed last so that all the little ends can be pushed in ;) 

Don't forget to check out Tami's for more WIPS!

2 comments:

  1. That octopus is going to be adorable! I can't wait to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't dare think of wearing a swim suit. It's the end of May and I have a fire burning in the stove. Arg. Happy crocheting. Regula

    ReplyDelete