Wednesday, January 16, 2013

WIPW

So I'm trying something different today. A few things actually. There's this cool work-in-progress thing going on that I found out about on Ravelry, I thought it would be cool to try to be more social and participate in some group stuff.  Also, hopefully I'll get some new readers. Hello everyone :)




So this is what my workspace looks like on the week-end. 
My computer is on the right and Aaron's is on the left. We generally sit side by side knitting, playing gameboy, watching TV, and surfing. Usually simultaneously. All that diet coke belongs to Aaron. I don't like soda and caffeine makes me crazy. But he goes through several a day!

As you can see, I've got a lot going on. The blue yarn is the second sock for my Dreamy Knight project. I feel relatively optimistic in the possibility of finishing the pair in just two short weeks. A record for me with socks! The little pink book the yarn is sitting on is my small-project notebook. It's graphing paper so I can keep all of my pattern charts and notes in one place that fits in my purse.  Also in the picture is a Dragon Ball Z DVD (loads of knitting gets done during that ) Below that is the Juneberry chart, and then a book on Russian Grammar. The dry erase markers are for practicing various languages on my dry erase board. Currently Aaron is teaching me Russian and I am brushing up on my Japanese and trying to teach what I know to him. 



And this is one of my many WIPs. The Juneberry shawl, knit with SHELTER. It's coming along well. I love how sharp the stitch definition is and how crunchy the yarn is. I'm about half-way through chart D and my 2nd skien of yarn. I'm really enjoying this project and would be farther along if it wasn't so big. Cant' really cart this to work with me so I'm averaging 3-4 rows of this during the week. More on week-ends if I'm not too busy.

2 comments:

  1. Juneberry is on my to-do list. I have the yarn, I just need to find the time!

    Molly : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popping over from Tami's and thank you for the welcome, I am a new reader. Love the project and looking forward to seeing it complete.

    ReplyDelete